Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Tents

I was listening to someone talk about contentment. There are two kinds of tents, they say, contentment and discontent. Discontent is not necessarily bad. There are some things we should be discontent with such as injustice or racial prejudice for example. So this got me thinking. What is contentment for me? I truly do not believe it is about things. Although I am as guilty as anyone that has way more art supplies than I need. For me it is being out in nature, being with family and friends and creating my art. 


What makes you content?

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree...contentment for me is nature, art, family, friends.

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. my contentment is found in my relationship with god, family, nature, friends and my art of course!
    great post dale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale, thanks for visiting my blog! I so agree with you. As I get older, I want less things, not more! And yes, being in nature is huge for me, having a little extra time and space, nurturing relationships and doing my creative practices. Your photo looks a lot like Lake Michigan, with the dune grasses (where I grew up).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...