Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

So Blessed

Why do we take so long to appreciate the blessings we have? I know I get caught up in the everydayness of life and before I know it a month or year has passed. My brothers and I planned a surprise for my mom's 80th birthday. We did not tell her we were coming home and just showed up through out the day. She certainly was surprised and pleased I think.
This experience was so precious. We have not all been together at one time in such a long time. I am just coming to the acceptance that my parents will not be with us forever. That is such a hard thing when in my mind I have never existed without them. Who knows though as not only do I have both my parents but my Dad still has all his sisters and a brother. As he likes to say "in our family we have long livers". Anyway, I am going to make a conscious effort to enjoy my blessings every day.


I sometimes wonder how I got so many wonderful friends also. This is my goddaughter that recently was  married. I feel so blessed that her parents asked me to be her godmother. I wrote in a past blog that I had made some earrings for a wedding. This is one of the earrings on the ear of the lovely maid of honor.

I was pleased with the way they turned out as I have not done a lot of work with beads. They really looked striking when you could see the coordination with the bridesmaid dresses.
I have also been creating a bit when I can squeeze in some time after work. These are all earrings that I've completed lately.






Enjoy the blessings of your day today!

2 comments:

  1. You're earrings are gorgeous!! And it really is so special to get together with your family, especially in these times--everyone's always so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom looks just as I remember her with just a little age. Give her best birthday wishes from me and "Little" Joe.

    Merry Christmas!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...