Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Hot, But Fun

That's the way I will always remember the summer of 2010. Summer vacation really agrees with me. I've started to feel that end of summer feeling though. The days just hover in the heat. There is something about summer itself that seems to want to hang on to the season like a child clutching his favorite blanket. Those dog days of summer.
However, the real world is calling me back next week and it will be time to greet the 700+ children I teach. Oh me, just saying that number makes me feel tired. I love what I do, I really do. It can be so joyful, frustrating, disappointing and delightful all at once.

I am having one more fling at fun while I can squeeze it in. I've been taking "Digital Layers" with Susan Tuttle. Susan is also the author of Digital Expressions. I bought the book first and I am glad I have Susan's help along the way with creating digital layers. Suddenly layers make sense! Well to me they do. Here are a few photos I've been working on in the class.




Heaven knows I have enough hobbies and interests so no I am not going to become a photographer. I though this might be a good way to play around with some ideas for painting/collage compositions. I've had a couple of ideas churning in my mind lately and wanted to get an idea of how it might look before I being the real thing. What do you do for yourself that makes summer fun?

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wondeful class and your Digital Layers are gorgeous! 700+ little ones sounds like an amazing number ~ you are truely a wonderful teacher and very inspiring! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale!! I received your comment on my blog about the Layers course. I'm finding it both lots of fun and challenging. I've put a couple of my layered photos up on the flickr group site for Susan to comment on. I have been using photography in my mixed media for some time, printing it out and incorporating it into my mixed media canvases, the old fashioned way, using paint etc., but I wanted to learn more. Often I try for a certain look and can't figure out how to work through the mystery of how to produce it. I have made some progress in the course, so I'm happy. I'm willing to work a lot more to achieve what I want. Thanks for getting in touch!! I especially love your pink flower photo. They all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale, I took her photoshop class, too. Loved it. Learning layers was something I had wanted to do for years. It was a lot of fun. Don't know why I waited so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dale!
    what makes summer fun?? camping! love it so...we have a travel trailer, and just got back from 4 days on the coast...
    your digital art is lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...